Thursday, September 25, 2008

Understanding Comics

After finally finishing “Understanding Comics” I can say that I respect McCloud for attempting this type of comic, but it is a misuse of the medium, in my opinion. Comics simply don't work to convey large amounts of information. But it could also be that I am not a fan of McCloud's writing and the medium does work in this kind of situation but the writing holds me back from enjoying this book. I'm really not sure why I didn't like “Understanding Comics”, especially since I love comics and would love to learn more about them. I don't think that by reading this, it has at all altered my view on comic books, which is something I expected. I expected to look at them in a new light, yet I still see them the same. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home