Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Understanding Comics Ch 1-4

This isn't my first attempt at reading "Understanding Comics". My brother has lent it to me several times in hopes that I will finally just sit down and read it. However every time I try, I find myself getting bored very fast. This time is no exception to that pattern. Its not that the topic at hand doesn't interest me, quite the contrary it deeply interests me. However, McCloud is to wordy to get his point across. Something he takes a chapter to convey could be summed up in a few pages. The problem is he tries to stretch it hoping to make it entertaining to the reader, but fails. I look at this on my stack of comics and all it makes me want to do is crack into the other ones sooner.  I have to say though, I am curious as to what the questions on the reading quiz could be. This seems like a really difficult book to get questions for a quiz from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home